We are going to finish looking at social media tools this week. Next week we will begin looking at social media planning and content strategies.
Topics for the Week
- Tuesday: Pinterest, Tumblr, Social Video, & Social Radio
- Thursday: Location-Based Social Media, Group Purchasing, and Blogs
Assigned Reading/Lecture Videos
Tuesday (watch before class)
- Watch the Hootsuite University Lecture Series (in the first section of the lecture series) video “How the Best Brands Tell Stories Using Tumblr”
- Watch the Hootsuite University Lecture Series (in the first section of the lecture series) video “Building a Powerful Community on YouTube”
- Check out the YouToo Social TV Cable Network (this is very, very new)
Thursday (read these before class)
- 10 Ways to Market Your Business Using Foursquare
- 5 Ways Marketers Should Use Foursquare
- 10 Pros and Cons of Using Groupon
- Blogging: What I wish I Knew When I Started
- Blogging: Content is Not King
Assignments for the Week
- Complete Blog Assignment #2 by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 15.
- Complete all the required Social Media Interactions by 1 p.m. on Tuesday, March 19.